Changing the ViruStat Microbial Purification Cartridge
After 26 gallons (100 liters) use the following steps to change the ViruStat® cartridge:
- Remove the Cartridge/Bottle Cap from the bottle.
- Remove the ViruStat® microbial purification cartridge with the Cyst filter and Prefilter from the cap. Discard cartridge components in trash receptacle.
- Flush Prefilter.
- Assemble the Cartridge.
- Follow the Pre-Conditioning procedure.
Checking the Lifespan of the ViruStat® Microbial Purification Cartridge
The MyBottle comes with a Cartridge life counter. This integrated mechanism inside the bottle cap indicates when to replace your filter cartridge.
- Before each filling remove the Cartridge/Bottle Cap from the bottle.
- Remove the ViruStat® microbial purification cartridge with the Cyst filter and Prefilter from the cap and lay aside.
- Carefully rotate the life counter in a clockwise direction until it snaps into the next position. This is best done holding the bottle cap in both hands.
- When the life counter is back at the starting point it is time to replace the cartridge.
- Only use the included straw instead of purification cartridge if water source has been treated and is safe for drinking (like most tap water).